Building on a dream

The club has come a long way since early visionaries conceived the idea of a lawn bowling club in 1951. An interesting history of the club’s first half century can be found on this website under the menu items “News” and “Club History”.

Another chapter in our history has been written in 2018 with the major renovation and expansion of Anderson House. This is the second major upgrade to Anderson House, a building which now permits an expanded short mat bowling program along with more spacious accommodation for the outdoor bowling season. Additionally, the provision of handicap access to the building and washrooms make the club more welcoming and accessible to all.

On November 18, prior to the Annual General Meeting, Anderson House was officially re-opened. Following by a few words from club president Allan Wood and Oak Bay mayor Kevin Murdoch, his honour cut the ribbon to officially mark the beginning of a new era in the history of this clubhouse, and our club in general.

Oak Bay Lawn Bowling Club members are a family, a family always ready to welcome new members.