Fire – Quick action saves Anderson House

Harnam Grewal and Louise Mason discovered an acrid hazy odour throughout Anderson house this morning. They called the Oak Bay Fire Department. After searching the building and checking the electrical system, the culprit was found. On top of the bowling boxes by the window lay a yellow mat. The boxes were against the base board heater and the heat discoloured yellow mat was on top. One box suffered minor heat damage.
We were lucky!
The Lesson  – Don’t place anything against base board heaters!

The bowls have been moved and the mat is on display to remind users to be careful.

IMG_1501

IMG_1500